Thank you for visiting the Farnborough Bowling Club Website.
Farnborough Bowling Club is a friendly, sociable club in Canterbury Road. We welcome new bowlers and provide free tuition: more information can be found here
Use the menu at the top of the screen to navigate around the site or select a post to view from the left.
To access the Members’ Area log in using the link at the top left (may be at the bottom of the screen on mobile devices)
The club laid a new green in September 2016 ready for our 70th anniversary year.
We are now proud supporters of The Rushmoor Community Lottery
Next few events
Full calender available here
- Farnham & District Division 1 Runners Up 2018
- Farnham & District Mixed Triples Winners 2018
- Farnham & District Ladies’ Singles Winner 2018
- Stoke Park Floodlit Trophy Winner 2018
- Aldershot & District Division 2 Winner 2017
- Farnham & District Division 2 Runners Up 2017
- Farnham & District Mixed Pairs Finalist 2017
- Farnham & District Boyd Shield Finalist 2016
- Farnham & District Men’s Pairs Finalists 2016
- Aldershot & District 2 Wood Triples Finalists 2016, 2015
- Astolat Plate Winners 2016
- Sue Foden – Sue’s ice breaker quizzes – if you couldn’t remember “old money” you were in trouble?
- Wrong curtain – two men arrive to measure up for new curtains? They caused mayhem, disruption and chaos in the process of their “measuring” Silly men, it turned out they should have been at Farnborough Gate – we told them it was curtains for Farnborough Gate and sent them packing!
- Mick Browne – an amazing rendition of the bowls tour to Eastbourne in September. (script now on our website)
- Lynne Gregg – Lynne very eloquently read out some very amusing poems – if you want to know what to do with your old knickers – ask Lynne?
- Brenda, Katherine and Cindy – a table, a pot of tea, two ladies chatting (Brenda and Katherine), a misunderstanding, poor Ma (Cindy) (in her 70’s) is not in the family way, she is in the way of the family, a brilliant and very funny play on words.
- Pam – pass the parcel – no music, Pam read out a tale about the Left and Right families! Some people don’t know their left from their right!
- Arfer’s easy peassy quiz – a, b or c, it was simple for some? Lynne Gregg won but donated half of the fruit basket (which was massive) to the winner of Last Man Standing who was Alan Brooke.
- Money for nothin’ and chips for free - Jess and Molly accompanied by Alan – words you thought you may have heard in a song? Poo was mentioned. Very clever and amusing.
- Chris and Amanda Wright – the 12 days of Christmas – Edwards keeps sending Emily presents – can you imagine all those birds, animals and people in your back garden, Emily issues Edward with an injunction from her solicitor, A. Creep. Bet she kept the gold rings?
- SPAM – Two Soups – venue Rumbling Tum, Farnborough’s finest bistro – a couple in a hurry, a deaf waiter, small wine glasses and soup all over the floor – what more is there to say!
As recited at the Christmas party is Mick Browne’s Poem
The club has its Christmas Party on Saturday 15th December.
We are not sure if Santa will be visiting again this year but a lot of our members are going do some entertaining.
We will be serving Sausages, Baked Potatoes and Baked Beans followed by Mince Pies and Stolen.
The following Committee was voted in at the AGM on Saturday 10 November 2018
|Vice President:||Brenda Brown|
|Assistant Secretary:||Rona Jennings|
|Club Captain:||Sheila Andrews|
|Men's Captain:||Geoff Chadd|
|Ladies' Captain:||Joan Moorcroft|
|Competition Secretary:||Martin Lee|
|Match Secretary:||Arthur Page|
|Press Officer:||Michael Andrews|
|Bar Manager:||Mick Browne|
|Additional Member:||Gordon Lamb|
|Additional Member:||Michael Benton|
Following a very successful season, the club closed the green for the year with a busy final weekend.
Friday night we bowled under the moonlight for a candlelit evening after sausages, potatoes and beans being served.
Saturday was our final friendly v Mytchett and Sunday we had a colourful crown green game. All of this despite a lot of rain forecast , which somehow we just managed to miss.