Thank you for visiting the Farnborough Bowling Club Website.
20th May: The club has re-opened for limited roll ups between 12:00 – 18:00 for Playing Members wishing to roll up. Note: You must reserve a slot if they wish to bowl. Details on how to book have been emailed to members.
Farnborough Bowling Club is a friendly, sociable club in Canterbury Road. We welcome new bowlers and provide free tuition: more information can be found here
Use the menu at the top of the screen to navigate around the site or select a post to view from the left.
To access the Members’ Area log in using the link at the top left (may be at the bottom of the screen on mobile devices)
The club laid a new green in September 2016 ready for our 70th anniversary year.
Our charity for 2020 is Parity providing services and support for people with profound and multiple disabilities and their families
Next few events
Full calender available here
- Aldershot & District League Division 1 Runners Up 2019
- Aldershot & District 2 Wood Triples Finalist 2019, 2016, 2015
- Farnham & District Mixed Triples Winners 2019, 2018
- Farnham & District Men’s Singles Finalist 2019
- Farnham & District Division 1 Runners Up 2018
- Farnham & District Ladies’ Singles Winner 2018
- Stoke Park Floodlit Trophy Winner 2018
- Aldershot & District Division 2 Winner 2017
- Farnham & District Division 2 Runners Up 2017
- Farnham & District Mixed Pairs Finalist 2017
- Farnham & District Boyd Shield Finalist 2016
- Farnham & District Men’s Pairs Finalists 2016
- Astolat Plate Winners 2016
We obviously couldn’t have a real Opening Drive today because of Covid-19 virus but at least this should make up for in in a very tiny way.
- Priority is given to funding the health of the green and security of the club premises. We think we can keep the green open for roll ups as long as the social contact guidelines and travel restrictions are observed and need it to be in good condition when restrictions are lifted
- No unnecessary expenditures (other than the above priority)
- All of the improvements we had planned, as reported at the Spring Meeting, to be put on hold for at least 12 Months, until we know how our reserves stand post virus.
- Plans ready for running the club competition whenever we are allowed to
- Plans ready to reschedule friendlies later in the year, we have 11 free dates
- Investigate if we can get financial help (i.e. Rent holiday, etc.)
We are holding an Open Day on Saturday 9th May, starting at 10am. Just come along with some flat soled shoes or trainers and have a try at lawn bowls.
If you enjoy it then sign up for a session of Free lessons, see Coaching Request
Coaching for new bowlers starts on the 9th May. We will be running two hour sessions on Saturday mornings at 10am.
If you would like to try bowls with no obligation or cost then fill in the request form below. All you need is a pair of flat shoes, the club will supply the bowls.
Not sure then visit our new bowler page for more information.