Thank you for visiting the Farnborough Bowling Club Website.
Sunday 21st April – The Green is Open
Farnborough Bowling Club is a friendly, sociable club in Canterbury Road. We welcome new bowlers and provide free tuition: more information can be found here
Use the menu at the top of the screen to navigate around the site or select a post to view from the left.
To access the Members’ Area log in using the link at the top left (may be at the bottom of the screen on mobile devices)
The club laid a new green in September 2016 ready for our 70th anniversary year.
Our charity for 2019 is Parity providing services and support for people with profound and multiple disabilities and their families
Next few events
Full calender available here
- Farnham & District Division 1 Runners Up 2018
- Farnham & District Mixed Triples Winners 2018
- Farnham & District Ladies’ Singles Winner 2018
- Stoke Park Floodlit Trophy Winner 2018
- Aldershot & District Division 2 Winner 2017
- Farnham & District Division 2 Runners Up 2017
- Farnham & District Mixed Pairs Finalist 2017
- Farnham & District Boyd Shield Finalist 2016
- Farnham & District Men’s Pairs Finalists 2016
- Aldershot & District 2 Wood Triples Finalists 2016, 2015
- Astolat Plate Winners 2016
That’s amazing – well done Molly and Jess!
— BHF (@TheBHF) March 4, 2019
Read more... 0 comments
Well done to Molly and Jess, our two youngest bowlers, for swimming 100 lengths at Arena Leisure Centre for the British Heart Foundation. They have raised £430, thank you to everyone who sponsored them! British Heart Foundation
Coaching for new bowlers starts on the 4th May. We will be running two hour sessions on Saturday mornings at 10am.
If you would like to try bowls with no obligation or cost then fill in the request form below. All you need is a pair of flat shoes, the club will supply the bowls.
Not sure then visit our new bowler page for more information.
- Sue Foden – Sue’s ice breaker quizzes – if you couldn’t remember “old money” you were in trouble?
- Wrong curtain – two men arrive to measure up for new curtains? They caused mayhem, disruption and chaos in the process of their “measuring” Silly men, it turned out they should have been at Farnborough Gate – we told them it was curtains for Farnborough Gate and sent them packing!
- Mick Browne – an amazing rendition of the bowls tour to Eastbourne in September. (script now on our website)
- Lynne Gregg – Lynne very eloquently read out some very amusing poems – if you want to know what to do with your old knickers – ask Lynne?
- Brenda, Katherine and Cindy – a table, a pot of tea, two ladies chatting (Brenda and Katherine), a misunderstanding, poor Ma (Cindy) (in her 70’s) is not in the family way, she is in the way of the family, a brilliant and very funny play on words.
- Pam – pass the parcel – no music, Pam read out a tale about the Left and Right families! Some people don’t know their left from their right!
- Arfer’s easy peassy quiz – a, b or c, it was simple for some? Lynne Gregg won but donated half of the fruit basket (which was massive) to the winner of Last Man Standing who was Alan Brooke.
- Money for nothin’ and chips for free - Jess and Molly accompanied by Alan – words you thought you may have heard in a song? Poo was mentioned. Very clever and amusing.
- Chris and Amanda Wright – the 12 days of Christmas – Edwards keeps sending Emily presents – can you imagine all those birds, animals and people in your back garden, Emily issues Edward with an injunction from her solicitor, A. Creep. Bet she kept the gold rings?
- SPAM – Two Soups – venue Rumbling Tum, Farnborough’s finest bistro – a couple in a hurry, a deaf waiter, small wine glasses and soup all over the floor – what more is there to say!