COVID-19 Impact on our Club

It is clear from all of the news that the start of the competitive bowling season will be delayed, by how much we don’t know so we have to plan for the worst but hope for the best.  Even a short delay of the season will have a major financial impact on the club. We have some reserves in the bank but we require the support and loyalty of our members to make sure we are in a strong position when this is all over.
Our initial proposals taking into account guidelines from Bowls England and Bowls Hampshire
  • Priority is given to funding the health of the green and security of the club premises.  We think we can keep the green open for roll ups as long as the social contact guidelines and travel restrictions are observed and need it to be in good condition when restrictions are lifted
  • No unnecessary expenditures (other than the above priority)
  • All of the improvements we had planned, as reported at the Spring Meeting, to be put on hold for at least 12 Months, until we know how our reserves stand post virus.
  • Plans ready for running the club competition whenever we are allowed to
  • Plans ready to reschedule friendlies later in the year, we have 11 free dates 
  • Investigate if we can get financial help (i.e. Rent holiday, etc.)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>